SCF Preaching Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave B - Eval

Go down

Dave B - Eval Empty Dave B - Eval

Post by dbasinger Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:24 pm

I. What was the main point of the sermon (telos)? - What is the mission of the church- as it pertains to justice? Do justice to man who is made in the image of God.

II. Textual Faithfulness (1-4): 4
Comments:

III. Instruction (1-4):

A. How did this sermon engage your mind? 4 - encouragement towards love and good works, without a steaming hot side of guilt.
B. Were you persuaded by the sermon’s main point? 4 - Expanded my thoughts of justice to include not simply giving people their due- but a life of right relationships
C. Was the passage adequately explained? 4

IV. Gospel Tone (1-4):

A. Was Christ preached in this sermon? 3 - more development of Christ as the fullness of God's love, mercy and justice / substitutionally bearing the wrath of God in our place, could have made this point a little stronger
B. Was the Gospel made clear as a challenge to unbelievers? 3 -
C. Were the Gospel and its benefits preached to challenge, comfort, and encourage Christians? 3-

V. Communication

A. Movement
1. Introduction got my attention (1-4): 4 - very excellent tie/transition from discussion of pro-life to justice
2. Introduction laid foundation for the sermon (1-4): 4
3. Did sermon have clear outline? (1-4): 3.5
4. Sense of momentum? (1-4): 3

B. Order and Unity
1. Main headings developed (1-4): 3 - Felt that I came away from the sermon both encouraged and more knowledgeable
2. Organized progression to sermon (1-4): 2 - at times i struggled to determine when development of main points changed from one to the next.
3. Illustrations subservient to truth (1-4): 4 - felt that the illustrations were highly relevant, and expanded the depth of the overall topic
4. Imperatives were specific (1-4): 3
5. Transitions were clear (1-4): 2 - see comments on 2.
6. Was the sermon unified? (1-4): 3
7. Length of sermon (1-4): 4 - good adaptation to shorter time frame left from the earlier video

C. Point
1. Did the sermon affect you? (1-4): 3.5
2. Was the sermon compelling? (1-4): 3

D. Delivery
1. Language and vocabulary (1-4): 4 - vocabulary was precise, and approachable. Clarified terms that may not be common to audience (I.e. Shalom)
2. Voice inflection/volume/clarity (1-4): 3
3. Eye contact (1-4): 3
4. Pulpit presence (1-4): 3

VI. Overall Evaluation of sermon (1-4): 3.5 - I enjoy your narrative style of preaching and always feel that I am part of a conversation, not being "preached at".

As a general comment - the reading of the scripture has been omitted in the online forum - for purposes of establishing the scripture early it may be beneficial to either include the scripture reading, or cite the passage i.e (Gen 1:1-9) prior to beginning the sermon. While in the context of physically being present for the sermon this isn't really noticeable, it does become apparent when listening online.

dbasinger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum